Radium Prototype Rubber Wheels
Pickup currently unavailable
SOLD IN PAIRS OF 2 WHEELS
Group buy to make our dream of light weight solid rubber wheels a possibility.
The design goals were as follows:
- Maximise grip, including over rough surfaces where urethane wheels tend to float
- Achieve more direct handling and road feedback which urethane wheels offer over pneumatic
- Reduce weight as much as reasonably possible to improve steering response & mechanical grip
- Achieve good shock absorption without suffering high rolling resistance
The resulting design we have come up with is a compromise between these goals, utilising a big CNC mill/turned ABS plastic core that supports almost the full width of the wheel to maximise traction and response while keeping weight low. The tyre is made from the same rubber used to make motorcycle tyres which has high toughness, grip and great vibration damping. The tyre is also partially hollowed out with a 50A Polyurethane foam core to significantly reduce weight while maintaining great shock absorption and not sacrificing handling thanks to the hardness of the foam and thickness of the rubber.
The rubber can be made in various durometers, and the wheels will be sold in pairs so you can tune your board for more understeer/oversteer with different front/rear duro. 70A should be better for general street riding as it offers the lowest rolling resistance and highest toughness, while 60A and 55A should be better for racing.
- Wheel size 125 x 65mm
- Contact patch ~55mm
- Natural rubber 55-70A tyre
- 50A Polyurethane closed cell foam core
- ABS plastic CNC machined supportive 71mm diameter hub
- Kegel & Raijin 3 bolt mounting pattern
- Made for 608 bearings with ability to run 10mm and 17mm bearing spacing
- Price is for 2 complete wheels, not including bearings.